EXPERIENCE COMPOSITES LAUNCHES THE FIRST EVER STARTUP COMPETITION IN COMPOSITES
Up to 10,000€ cash price for the participating Startups!
The objective of the competition is to promote the innovation and the entrepreneurship spirit in the composites field during EXPERIENCE COMPOSITES powered by JEC
September 21-23, 2016 – Augsburg, Germany Creating Connections throughout the whole Composites Value Chain
« We, at JEC Group, have always found pioneering ways to build bridges between different types of public from the R&D scientists to the and the OEMs”, says Mrs Frédérique Mutel, JEC Group President & CEO. “We are glad to partner with Messe Augsburg and xC Consultants to create convergence between actual market needs, industrial processes and innovative ideas through this new competition that will highlight the potential of promising Startups in the ”, she adds.
The three co-organizers of the competition can already count on solid partnerships such as:
- the number one Aerospace accelerator in the world: Starburst Accelerator
- Airbus Group, a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services
- KDX, the new power in first class carbon engineering
- Fritzmeier Composite, one of the leading OEM-manufacturing specialists for composites
- SGL Carbon, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of carbon-based products
- the new Augsburg P
- MAI Carbon, Member of CCeV, Composites Germany
- A3, the economic promotion agency for the Augsburg Region
- 4a Engineering GmbH, the specialist of development and processes using the laws of physic
The project is under the patronage of Mrs Ilse Aigner, MdL, Deputy Minister-President of the State of Bavaria and Bavarian State Minister for Economic Affairs and the Media, Energy and Technology as she states: “Augsburg is the ideal breeding grounds for a lively start-up scene bringing new momentum into the industry. As I see it, intensive networking between start-ups and established companies – large companies and SMEs alike – represents the foundation for the entire economy”.
A unique competition that insures maximum exposure and business opportunities:
Applications (Download here the application form) are open to Startups in need of a booster to reach the next level, seeking either:
- Business partners
- Investment and Funding
- Industrial partners
Closing date for applications August 14, 2016
The Startup competition will consist of 3 steps:
Step 1: The Selection
Up to 10 Startups will be selected based on strict tangible criteria:
- The Product and/or solutions for the Composites Industry
- The Innovative Business Model
- Market attractiveness and Business potentials
Step 2: The Visibility at the Show
The finalists will be presented on the Startup Village at EXPERIENCE COMPOSITES and will be given the chance to showcase their innovation to all attendees during the 3 days of the event.
Step 3: Pitch Sessions in English
On September 21st, all the Startups will pitch (10 minutes each) their innovation in front of a jury of experts who will award 3 champions. These sessions will also be open to all EXPERIENCE COMPOSITES attendees.
The winners will be announced on September 21st at the occasion of the Opening night party.
The current Jury:
- Mrs Frédérique Mutel, JEC Group President & CEO
- Prof. Dr.Klaus Drechsler, Director of Institut of Carbon Composites
- Dr. Christian Suttner, Senior Advisor at Starburst Accelerator
- Dr. Christian Weimer, Head of Domain Composites Materials & Processes, Airbus Group CTO
- Dr. Gerd Wingelfeld, CTO at SGL Carbon
- Wolfgang Hehl, at Augsburg P
“The jury panel is an exceptional gathering of experts and professionals in the Composites Industry and the entrepreneur scene with extensive experience and vision towards the future of Composites”, states Professor Drechsler.
Benefits for the Startups:
Every participant will benefit from:
- A coaching from Starburst Accelerator and xC Consultants to learn how to pitch and present
- A mentoring session from the main sponsor AIRBUS Group
- An exposure
- Unparalleled business opportunities with pre-arranged B2B meetings
- The Startup award winners will bring home a cash price up to 10,000€ and possibly a free office for one year at the Augsburg P.
More information about the Startup Competition, please contact: email@example.com
Further information about EXPERIENCE COMPOSITES powered by JEC: