BICCnet, the Bavarian Information and Communication Technology Cluster, aims to activate and interlink the innovation and productivity potential of the Bavarian enterprises, research centres and universities. And to connect the cluster ecosystem to collaboration partners in Europe.
With a workforce of over 300,000 people operating in information and communications technology in Bavaria, BICCnet represents one of the most important ICT locations in the world.
Within the framework of the Bavarian cluster initiative, BICCnet interconnects the information and communication technology sector in order to encourage and initiate new ideas, new expertise as well as to establish successful company start-ups. In doing so, BICCnet provides support for medium-sized companies in the areas of innovation and productivity. The offices of BICCnet are located near Munich, Germany.
BICCnet’s thematic focal points comprise:
- Embedded systems
- Energy (Smart Grids, Virtualisation)
- Mobility („Mobile Society“, multi-modal mobility, Open & Big Data)
- Convergence: Apps (B2B)
- ICT services (Cloud computing)
- Safety & Security
BICCnet is responsible for:
- Formation of networks between companies, universities and research institutions using, integrating, supplementing and extending existing structures;
- Increasing the competitiveness and innovative dynamism of the economy;
- Creating platforms to exchange experiences between companies and research and giving impulse to intensive co-operations;
- Strengthening and making dynamic the influence of current research challenges, particularly for medium-sized companies and, in the other direction, to increasing and accelerating the influence of research results on products and processes;
- Catalytic effect of the cluster on co-operation between companies as well as between companies and research;
- Bringing Bavarian actors in contact with partner cluster ecosystems in Europe.